Carré Neige Insurance
Your children are not insured during ski lessons.
When buying your lessons and your ski pass, you can also take out the « Carré Neige » insurance.
What is covered:
- Search and rescue costs.
- Initial transport costs and repatriation.
- Reimbursement of ski pass in the event of accident.
- Loss of ski pass: reimbursement of second pass purchased (1 day deducted)
- Reimbursement of cost of unused ski lessons (for a duration longer than 3 days).
The Ski Pass
Some information to help you decide which ski pass to purchase:
- Enrolment on Montchavin les Coches Ski School lessons only gives access to the lifts located in the private children’s gardens of the Montchavin Les Coches Ski School, and only for the duration of the lessons for which you are enrolled.
- However, the Montchavin les Coches Lift Company makes 4 ski lifts available without charge to beginners. These 4 ski lifts are generally insufficient for group lessons.
- The tow rope in Montchavin, 80m,
- The tow rope at the icerink, 70m,
- Le Petit Sauget in Les Coches,
- The skilift departing from Plan Bois, 60m.
- Free pass for under sixes and the over 75s. But careful, you still need to have a pass even if your age means your pass is free. This pass is valid in the La Plagne ski area. Your pass will be provided on presentation of proof of age only at the lift pass offices.
- The Montchavin les Coches Ski School offers a package which includes lesson + lift pass (Bon Plan) for pupils who are enrolled on Flocon and préparation 1ère étoile classes, and children and adults who are beginners or Classe 1.
- The ‘Bon Plan’ package is interesting if you cannot claim or don’t wish to benefit from the « Forfait Famille » (Family Pass). It’s up to you to calculate the best deal (see the lift pass site).
- The ski pass is not necessary for:
- children enrolled on Piou-Piou (pitchoun & ourson) classes.
Your instructor can advise you on the need to purchase a ski pass, according to your progression and the weather conditions. Don’t hesitate to ask their advice.