A snowshoe walk transports you into the silence of the mountain where every sound heard tells you something about nature, time and life. In a few paces, with a few deep breaths, an internal voyage begins and your thoughts unwind along the snowy trails.
Through the quiet seclusion of the woods and the breathtaking views, discover the mountains in all their aspects.
No need to know how to ski, and the trails are specially chosen for snowshoe walking. A few minutes to learn how, and you’re ready to set off to discover the mountains.
Our Quick Picks:
- Initiation. Half-days around Montchavin or Les Coches:
- The woods and chalet at the Follie.
- Snow and avalanches with Serge and his dog Votan.
- Le Lac Noir and its peat bog.
- L’Esselet and the enchanted forest.
- Half-day outings further afield:
- Chamois and ibex at PEISEY-NANCROIX.
- Snowshoeing and baroque art in Notre Dame des Vernettes.
- Alpine chalets at La Côte d’Aime.
- The balcons at GRANIER.
- Monal village, a heritage site.
- Rocher de Notre Dame.
- Le Col de la Lune…
We provide either a picnic or a meal in a typical restaurant or mountain hut, depending on weather conditions. Transport provided to all starting points in our 8-seater van.
Portes de la Vanoise Snowshoe Outing ‘En Etoile’
This outing, which leaves from the resort village of Montchavin les Coches, offers a snowshoe walk, a Nordic market, culture, wild open spaces and typical villages. Each day is a different walk in new areas of the Vanoise and Beaufort Massifs, to show you that the Tarentaise boasts much more than ski resorts.
To find out more: http://www.guidemontagne.com/bloclibre/index.php?titre=33