|The use of wrist and knee supports (possibly roller-blading type ) is strongly advised.|
Learning snowboarding for children of 8 to 10 years old.
- Recommended ski level: 3ème Étoile
- Same age groups only during February holidays.
- Children’s Tests:
- 1) Goomie Rider, you need to know how to:
- Turns: complete a straight traverse line ending with a rounded sideslip, frontside and backside.
- You are also able to complete 2 of the 3 tests:
- Independance: you can use a ski lift in a protected environment.
- Fakie : you can complete a ‘falling leaf’ sideslip, frontside and backside.
- Basic positioning: you can complete a straight run, with the board flat and with vertical movement.
- Video :Goomie Rider
- 2) Rookie Rider, you need to know how to:
- Complete a series of 4-6 turns on a marked course (markers spaced every 20m).
- Basic positioning: complete a planned jump in the course of a slight downhill run on a flat board.
- Flat and Fakie : carry out a 180° traverse run (front or cab).
3) Izzy Rider, you need to know how to:
- Complete a series of 4-6 turns.
- And you need to be able to carry out 2 of the 3 tests:
- Fakie : carry out rounded sideslips, frontside and backside, from the fall-line.
- Basic positioning: do a run in a box, in 50/50.
- Flat : carry out ‘falling leaves’, frontside and backside, on a medium slope.
- Video:Izzy Rder
|A new way to enjoy the snow, a new technique to discover, a new kind of thrill: mastering snowboarding is worth the effort of the first few days.|